The top spot is taken by Singapore followed by Zurich and Hong Kong.
To begin with, let me get this straight: Zurich IS NOT the capital of Switzerland, BUT it’s the largest city in Switzerland ,and obviously, one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Zurich is a great city either to visit either to earn pretty good money and then run far away from it or even Switzerland.
Anyway, I was impressed by the shops, streets,trams, CARS, boutiques, chocolate, watches and every Swiss touch you can think of is sophisticated and well-designed. The town itself is very accessible and you can easily walk everywhere.Despite of what others say about Swiss people, I found them friendly and willing to help. I expected that Swiss will look in a certain way, like Danes- tall, blonde with blue eyes, but surprisingly they are very diverse: from Asian to Germany roots.
- If you are travelling on a low budget in Switzerland and you’re clueless about where to eat, I will strongly recommend you to try Migros or Coop restaurants. However, with the money spent there you could spoil yourself with a à la carte restaurant in Spain, for ex.
- Needing free wi-fi? There are many places in Zurich with free wifi , especially in the restaurants mentioned above. You just have to enter your phone number and then insert the code received through SMS.
- Rent a bike for free . You just have to present your ID and give a deposit of CHF 20.
- Free water. Are you thirsty? No need to buy and carry one bottle of water because Zurich has the most fountains of any city in the world with approx. 1200 drinking water fountains
- Take an umbrella/raincoat because the weather is extremely moody. Beware: The rainy season is seen in May, June, July, August and September.
Next time, I would like to experience Zurich as a local and discover less touristy places. Stay tuned!