As you might know I moved to Zürich for 3 months AT LEAST, that’s why I included on my Instagram profile ‘New in Zurich’.
Long story short WHY
- The power of love dragged me here
- I am seeking job opportunities or planning to apply for a Master, so we can get rid of this LDR (~3 years was enough). If the one who is reading this is looking for an employee, I am THE ONE!
- When you graduate in Denmark, the government is providing the graduates with unemployment benefits for maximum 2 years, when looking for a job in Denmark or maximum 3 months in other European country, so I took this chance.
- I wanted to experience life in a bigger city, including higher fees along with a more exciting lifestyle
I don’t see what there is not to love about this city, especially when you are ‘ New in Zürich’ so I will specify few reasons to love this Zurich:
1. One of the most international city. The largest group of foreigners is from Germany ( 82 5467) , followed by Italy, Portugal, Serbia, Turkey, Kosovo, Austria and Spain (11 457).
2. It is the biggest city in Switzerland, though not too big but the right walking-distance city.
3. Many events. There is always something happening. Rare is the weekend without a festival, event or local holiday.
4. Public transportation is well organised. It’s mind blowing in a good way to get around the city as the busses and trams have their own line.
5. The cars are WOW. If you are a fan, just follow them on Instagram.
7. Cultural Highlights. Whether the National Museum, Kunsthaus Zürich, Cabaret Voltaire or the famous Zurich Opera House, or many exhibitions the city on the Limmat offers first-class cultural events.
8. You are surrounded by water. During the nicest season of visiting Zurich, the lake transfers to a melting pot of all social and sportive activities.